One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a porch swing is its stand design. It determines a lot, including aesthetics, safety, stability, and durability. In some cases, you may be required to buy the swing stand separately. Below is a comparative review of three amazing metal swing stands currently on the market.
No matter if you want a stand to replace your old broken one or one to set up your new swing, you will have an idea where to start shopping.
- 1 Metal A-Frame Stand for Porch Swing in Bronze
- 2 Deluxe Curved A-Frame Metal Swing Stand
- 3 Sturdy and Steady T-Frame Swing Stand
- 4 Conclusion- Who wins?
Metal A-Frame Stand for Porch Swing in Bronze
Key features and design
This model is designed to offer maximum stability. It is made possible by the A-stand design of the durable solid iron. It is essentially a 3 part swing with the top
bar and two connected A-frames. This simple design makes it relatively easy to assemble. It also comes with a pair of rings through which you connect your
swing chair using a fabric of metallic cords.
The frame has a maximum weight capacity of 441 pounds. This falls within the maximum weight range for most 2 person capacity porch swings. The
dimensions, including width of 48.8 inches also allow easy attachment of 2-seater swings. Finally, for aesthetics, the swing is powder-coated for bronze
finishing. This gives it a vintage rustic effect.
- It is large – This allows you to set up large swings on the frame.
- It is stable – This contributes safety to the swing’s overall safety, ensuring you don’t end up toppling over and getting hurt.
- It has excellent aesthetics – The old-school look and feel makes
- The unprotected feet – They tend to scratch and damage porch floors. They also dig into mushy yard surfaces
- The iron is not weatherproof – With time, it succumbs to corrosion and begins to rust.
- Complicated assembly – The unit does not come with all the required bolts and nuts. You might, therefore, have to purchase these on your own.
If you are shopping on a tight budget, then the Yaheetech is without a doubt the best option. It is also worth considering if you want something unique in terms
of aesthetics. It is, however, less durable than the other two options.
Deluxe Curved A-Frame Metal Swing Stand
Key features and design
This Hatteras Metal Swing stand is yet another designed with your safety in mind as the user. It features a modified curved A-frame design with the front poles being
slightly inwardly curved. This is meant to maximize on stability. It measures 60 inches in width with a 450 pounds maximum weight capacity. These features
translate to the stand’s ability to hold most 2-seater porch swings safely. Lightly textured powder-coated exterior
- It is strong and durable – This is as a result of the frame’s heavy-duty steel construction. The metal is strong and also capable of resisting corrosion.
- It is gentle on surfaces – The flat bar design on both side frame and at the back ensure stability without damaging your yard or your porch floor surface.
- It is easy to assemble – It has a few pieces that fit perfectly together. This makes it very easy to put it together without having to rely entirely on instructions.
- It is expensive – This stand falls in the high-end category making it more expensive than many full porch swings.
- It is aesthetically bland – With the plain white finishing, the swing does little to contribute to the set’s physical appeal.
Tastes differ! Read our review from a slightly different point of view: The 7 Best Patio Swing Stands.
This is a great high-end option if your main priorities are stability and sturdiness. The combination of high-quality materials and the unique side frame curvature
ensures that you have a stable stand that can handle the job. However, you will have to compromise on aesthetics to enjoy these perks.
Sturdy and Steady T-Frame Swing Stand
Key features and design
What is probably the best feature of this model is the use of 2 inches 12 gauge steel to make the poles. This makes it exceptionally strong and durable. The frames
are actually is stronger than both the Hatteras and Yaheetech stand frames. However, because of the inverted T base design, the stand does not tap into
the full potential that the steel construction offers. As a result, it can only support a maximum of 450 pounds which is similar to what the other 2 weaker options
also offer. The saving glory for the Pawley Island stand is the fact that it has 3 swing cord rings. There is one in the middle and 2 on either side. This design
comes in particularly handy when setting up porch swings with a single centralized connection system.
- It is very strong – The heavy-duty steel makes it the strongest of the three stands. It can, therefore, easily support the weight applied without crumbling.
- It is effortless to assemble – The simple inverted T design makes it very easy to put together. All that needs to be done is an insertion of the top bar to the 2 base frames.
- It has multiple connection options – This is made possible by the 3 connection ring design.
- It has simple yet effective aesthetic details – It has simple wrought metal details flanking the center bar as it connects to both bases. These give the stand a
the nice classic artistic effect that makes it an outdoor décor centerpiece.
- It is expensive- Costing upwards of $300, this is the most costly of the three models reviewed. It might, therefore, not be a feasible option if you don’t
want to spend too much money.
This model is pretty decent for a stand with the perfect combination of functionality and aesthetics. It is, however, only worth considering if you are actively
looking for a high-end option. This is because you can get the same performance and appeal with the other 2 cheaper options.
Conclusion- Who wins?
In terms of performance, they have a lot in common, including designs that maximize stability as well as the capacity to fit 2-seater swings. The maximum
weight capacities are also pretty similar. In spite of this, each one of these metal swing stands has something to offer, which is what you should ultimately consider when making your choice.
Read our reviews:
- Authentic Industrial Style: Hanging egg chair with antique crane stand
- REVIEW: The 10 Best Hammock Chair Stands
- REVIEW: The 7 Best Patio Swing Stands
- DIY- How To Make A Wooden Hammock Chair Stand
- Wooden Hanging Chair Stands by Jagram LifeStyle
- Single Seater Porch Swing – For Small Porches and Terraces
- Swing Your Troubles Away in a Hanging Seat