One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a porch swing is the stand design. It determines a lot including aesthetics, safety, stability and
durability. In some cases, you may be required to buy the swing separately. This is often the case with porch chairs that do not come with a stand of their own.
If you are in such a situation then choosing one is a matter of considering features and design specifications.
Below is a comparative review of three amazing options currently on the market. No matter if you want a stand to replace your old broken one or one to set up your new swing, you will have an idea where to start shopping.
- 1 Yaheetech Iron A-Frame Front Porch Swing Stand
- 2 Hatteras Hammocks Extra Wide Metal Swing Stand
- 3 Pawley’s Island SWSLBK Steel Swing Stand
- 4 Conclusion- Who wins?
Yaheetech Iron A-Frame Front Porch Swing Stand
Key features and design
This model is designed to offer maximum stability. It is made possible by the A-stand design of the strong solid iron. It is essentially a 3 part swing with the top
bar and two connected A-frames. This simple design makes it relatively easy to assemble. It also comes with a pair of rings through which you connect your
swing chair using fabric of metallic cords.
The frame has a maximum weight capacity of 441 pounds. This falls within the maximum weight range for most 2 person capacity porch swings. The
dimensions including a width of 48.8 inches also allow easy attachment of 2-seater swings. Finally, for aesthetics the swing is powder coated for bronze
finishing. This gives it a vintage rustic effect.
- It is large – This allows you to set up large swings on the frame.
- It is stable – This contributes safety to the swing’s overall safety ensuring you don’t end up toppling over and getting hurt.
- It has great aesthetics – The old-school look and feel makes
- The unprotected feet – They tend to scratch and damage porch floors. They also dig into mushy yard surfaces
- The iron is not weatherproof – With time, it succumbs to corrosion and begins to rust.
- Complicated assembly – The unit does not come with all the required bolts and nuts. You might therefore have to purchase these on your own.
If you are shopping on a tight budget, then the Yaheetech is without a doubt the best option. It is also worth considering if you want something unique in terms
of aesthetics. It is, however, less durable than the other two options.
Hatteras Hammocks Extra Wide Metal Swing Stand
Key features and design
This Hatteras Metal Swing stand is yet another designed with your safety in mind as the user. It features a modified A frame design with the front poles being
slightly inwardly curved. This is meant to maximize on stability. It measures 60 inches in width with a 450 pounds maximum weight capacity. These features
translate to the stand’s ability to safely hold most 2-seater porch swings.
- It is strong and durable – This is as a result of the frame’s heavy duty steel construction. The metal is strong and also capable of resisting corrosion.
- It is gentle on surfaces – The flat bar design on both side frame and at the back ensure stability without damaging your yard or your porch floor surface.
- It is easy to assemble – It has few pieces that fit perfectly together. This makes it very easy to put it together without having to rely entirely on instructions.
- It is expensive – This stands falls in the high end category making it more expensive than many full porch swings.
- It is aesthetically bland – With the plain white finishing, the swing does little to contribute to the set’s physical appeal.
Tastes are different! Read our review from a slightly different point of view: The 7 Best Patio Swing Stands.
This is a great high end option if your main priorities are stability and sturdiness. The combination of high quality materials and the unique side frame curvature
ensures that you have a stable stand that can handle the job. However, you will have to compromise on aesthetics in order to enjoy these perks.
Pawley’s Island SWSLBK Steel Swing Stand
Key features and design
What is probably the best feature of this model is the use of 2 inch 12 gauge steel to make the poles. This makes it exceptionally strong and durable. The frames
are actually is actually stronger than both the Hatteras and Yaheetech stand frames. However, because of the inverted T base design, the stand does not tap into
the full potential that the steel construction offers. As a result, it can only support a maximum of 450 pounds which is similar to what the other 2 weaker options
also offer. The saving glory for the Pawley Island stand is the fact that it has 3 swing cord rings. There is one at the middle and 2 on either side. This design
comes in particularly handy when setting up porch swings with a single centralized connection system.
- It is very strong – The heavy duty steel makes it the strongest of the three stands. It can therefore easily support the weight applied without crumbling.
- It is very easy to assemble – The simple inverted T design makes it very easy to put together. All that needs to be done is insertion of the top bar to the 2 base frames.
- It has multiple connection options – This is made possible by the 3 connection ring design.
- It has simple yet effective aesthetic details – It has simple wrought metal details flanking the center bar as it connects to both bases. These give the stand a
nice classic aesthetic effect that makes it an outdoor décor centerpiece.
- It is expensive- Costing upwards of $300, this is the most expensive of the three models reviewed. It might therefore not be a feasible option if you don’t
want to spend too much money.
This model is pretty decent for a stand with the perfect combination of functionality and aesthetics. It is, however, only worth considering if you are actively
looking for a high end option. This is because you can get the same performance and appeal with the other 2 cheaper options.
Conclusion- Who wins?
In terms of performance, they have a lot in common including designs that maximize stability as well as the capacity to fit 2-seater swings. The maximum
weight capacities are also pretty similar. In spite of this, each stand has something to offer which is what you should ultimately consider when making your
Read our reviews: