The dream hanging chair for many consumers is the simple floating pod suspended from the ceiling. I understand why because it is sleek, uncluttered and a classic. But, I also appreciate the problem that many consumers have. These hanging chairs for bedrooms just aren’t practical in all situations.
- What are you meant to do with them if you rent your apartment and can’t attach things to the ceiling?
- What about larger users that don’t feel secure in floating pods?
- What about kids that might get a little too boisterous around them?
This is where I recommend looking for a hanging chair with stand for bedroom use.
These chairs are a good compromise that allows for a little more stability. More importantly for renters, they don’t require any holes in the walls or ceilings. You can still achieve a similar look and feel with the suspended pod hanging from the support stand instead. Just be aware that this chair will take up more room because you need space for the stand. Below are some important questions to ask when finding the best hanging bedroom chair with a stand.
- 1 1) What is the best shape and design for comfort when choosing a hanging pod chair for bedroom use?
- 2 2) Does the chair really hang from the support or is it attached some other way?
- 3 3) Does the stand take up too much space in the room on these room swing chairs?
- 4 4) What is the best material to choose for the stand?
- 5 Some of the best hanging chairs with stands under $150
- 6 Some of the best hanging chairs with stands over $150
1) What is the best shape and design for comfort when choosing a hanging pod chair for bedroom use?
I want to start by looking at the chair element. It needs to be a perfect shape with just the right comfort and ergonomics. You can choose between a more traditional round pod or something a little more relaxed and cosy. Hammock designs are a great modern alternative to the mid-century pod that can be a lot more comfortable.
2) Does the chair really hang from the support or is it attached some other way?
You also need to think about how that chair hangs from the stand. The great thing about floating pods is the long chain that leaves occupants fully suspended and able to turn. Some products with a stand may have a more restricted movement. Check the height of the support, the length of the chain and user comments about its motion.
3) Does the stand take up too much space in the room on these room swing chairs?
You can’t fixate too much on the chair when the stand is so important. This large structure will make or break the visual appeal of the chair and its functionality. First of all, you need to look at the dimensions.
- Is it tall enough to support the chair with ease?
- Is it wide and heavy enough to stop the chair from tipping over?
- Does all that make it too big for the space?
Be realistic when answering these questions. If you like the look of a chair but know that it isn’t practical enough for everyone it is best to look elsewhere.
4) What is the best material to choose for the stand?
Then there is the design and the materials used. Some people will prefer a slimmer, stronger metal frame that doesn’t stand out quite so much. A curved piece of chrome compliments mid-century modern designs and doesn’t take up a lot of space. If you want a softer, natural look then there are inviting chairs with wooden or bamboo structures.
Whatever style you prefer, you need a hanging chair that fits in with your budget.
Some of the best hanging chairs with stands under $150
1) The Sorbus Hammock Chair combines a strong black solid steel frame with a hammock swing chair. The soft cocoon is cute and cosy but there is no risk of it tipping over. Under 100$.
2) Affordable 2-Point Space-Saving Hanging Cotton Chair Hammock with Stand.
Some of the best hanging chairs with stands over $150
1) If you want a true investment piece for your bedroom, you could opt for one of the more classic designs. This model combines a curved metal frame, spherical clear seat and pink cushion for a wow factor.
2) Then there is this model from Henryy is over 150$ but still low-cost. This multi-functional model has a naturally-inspired wire design with a cute floral cushion inside. There is a choice of colours available here with some fun two-tone designs that will prove to be conversation starters.
3) The appeal of this La Siesta Habana chair is the use of natural materials. There is a traditional hammock seat in an organic cotton suspended from a simple spruce stand.
Whatever your taste, you can find an affordable hanging chair with stand for bedroom use. Browse your options, compare prices and see which you want to curl up in most.