Hanging-Chairs.net offers an annual scholarship of $1500 for all high school, college, or university students from all countries! This scholarship is designed to support academic achievement and promote and strengthen the spirit of student involvement. We believe in supporting the next generation of talent. That’s why we have created the Hanging Chair’s Scholarship. Applicants will be able to submit their entry along with a 700-1000 words essay or with a 5 minutes YouTube video. The winner will be selected by the end of June.
Scholarship Value: $1500
Awards Available: 1
Award Deadline: May 31st, 2018 (annually)
Topic 2017/2018: Bubble Chair
The scholarship is open to all students from all parts of the world. However, to be eligible, you must be a student currently attempting a high school, college, or university.
Application to our scholarship is free of charge. Besides being a student, you must meet the following conditions:
- Ability to show your creativity and ideas by writing an essay about Bubble Chair in English, or
- Ability to show your creativity and ideas by creating a video about the Bubble Chair.
Why the Bubble Chair?
The famous Bubble chair celebrates the 50th birthday next year! It was designed by Eero Aarnio in 1968 in Finland. More about the Bubble chair you can find here.
Hanging-Chairs.net wants to enable students to further their education and even if you’re not a Arts student, we want to further your creativity. Show us your creativity!
The scholarship is annual. The yearly deadline for submission is May 31st and the winner will be selected in the month of June. The winner will be contacted by early July. The winner must reply within two weeks or a new winner will be selected.
Here are answers to a few common questions concerning the scholarship:
Q: What entries are eligible?
A: Writing a story or visual arts.(upload a 5 minutes YouTube video)
Q: How many awards are you giving?
A: One per academic year.
Q: What is the deadline for submission? Is this a yearly scholarship?
A: The scholarship is annual. The yearly deadline for submission is May 31st, 2018.
Q: Does Hanging-Chairs.net have a history of this sort of scholarship support?
A: This is 1st year we’re giving a scholarship and we’re planning to award it for many years to come.
Q: Will the information provided by students as part of the application be used in any way other than as part of the scholarship selection process?
A: Yes, we may publish your story on our homepage with a pseudonym. Your real name will remain confidential.
Q: Will you own the rights to all art submitted for the scholarship?
A: You retain all of your ownership rights, but for all art submitted for the scholarship, you grant us a free license to use, copy and publish your content.
Q: How many entries am I allowed to submit?
A: Up to three.
Please submit your application:
- Write a 7000-1000 words story (Microsoft Word) about the Bubble Chairs (all types of stories, from science fiction and fantasy to poetry or product review are welcome), or
- Upload an up to 5 minutes long video with the title „Bubble Chair. Hanging-Chairs.net Scholarship“ and put the link to our homepage within the description field on YouTube. Please send us a link if your artwork is already uploaded online.
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Write to 150 words telling us why you believe we should consider you for our scholarship program.
- Once you have all the details named above, you should email them to email@example.com
That’s it! Now you should wait to see if it will be the winning piece.
The student with the best entry will be declared the winner of the scholarship award and will be contacted by email, asking you to give us the additional personal information:
- Personal information like full name, age, and area of study and the name of the school/university.
- Any verifiable document to prove you are a student.
- Paypal data to send you the scholarship of $1500
- For students at the University of Nevada, Reno the funds are directly sent to the winner’s school for consideration.
Spread The Word About Your Scholarship
Share With Friends – make other current students aware of this great opportunity!
Please note, we reserve the right to cancel the competition on May 21st, 2018 the latest if the minimum number of 25 participants has not been reached. Spread the word!
Best of Luck.